“There are roughly 40 million garment workers in the world today; many of whom do not share the same rights or protections that many people in the West do. They are some of the lowest paid workers in the world and roughly 85% of all garment workers are women.” THE TRUE COST
- For Women, By Men: Why The Fashion Industry Is Inherently Sexist
- Is the Fashion Industry Sexist?
- A huge underclass of ghost workers are making your shirts in their homes.
- Dov Charney, Terry Richardson, and the Misogynistic Truth About Hipster Cool.
- LA Garment Industry Rife with Sweatshop Conditions.
ORGANIZATION MAKING A DIFFERENCE
For centuries, women have made their families’ clothes and have been the ones to make up the labor force at home and in the majority of clothing manufacturer-owned sweatshops around the world.
Today 70% of fashion institute graduates are female yet the male minority continue to dominate the top tier of the fashion industry.
(Historical narrative coming soon)